Monday, November 25, 2013

Nonfiction Anchor Charts and a New Lapbook!

Guess what? I'm still alive!  It's been a really busy year for me.  Not in a bad sort of way, but just busy!  Learning a new grade is tough.  I am having a great time in fourth grade though!

We have been working on informational nonfiction in reading and writing workshop for the past two weeks.  Today, I just wanted to share some of our anchor charts from the past few weeks!  I like sharing my anchor charts because they never look as good as the ones on Pinterest, and maybe it helps other teachers feel better about their lack of artistic skills and bad handwriting! :)

Types of Nonfiction Text



Main Idea and Supporting Details with Table Analogy

Asking Questions

Writing a Summary Example

This was actually in writing workshop, we were learning different ways to take notes about their reading for our nonfiction writing!

I bet you can tell which ones I made ahead of a time and the ones I made with my class. haha!

One more thing, eons ago I posted an Animal Studies Lapbook to TPT! Since I have not posted in so long, I wanted to share with you guys in case you haven't seen it. It's perfect if you're studying animal groups, or just need practice reading informational text that is interesting to your students!


Includes 7 Foldables and Research Writing Activity 

Informational Reading Selections to accompany foldables. 

Quick Checks to Review Reading Selections!
I really enjoyed using these with my class!  We keep Interactive Science Notebooks, so we actually glue all of our foldables inside, so it's perfect for notebooks or lapbooks! 

Click on the pictures above or HERE to check it out at my TPT Store!

Oh and because I love you guys and I have been so absent, I'll give it away to someone!  To win, just leave a comment telling me the best thing that has happened to you this month! :)  Be sure to leave your email. I'll pick a winner on Wednesday! 



7 comments:

  1. Today I went to see a cardiologist because I've been having heart palpitations. The girl doing the echo-cardiogram (a sonogram of your heart) said that (at 50) my heart looked like that of an 18 year old. Still don't know what's causing them, but that's the best thing that's happened to me this month!!
    Kaseyrenee63@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing that happened to me this month is that my class surprised me with a Happy Birthday serenade, flowers and a pair of earrings on my birthday! Even more surprising is that it was the day before my birthday!

    tokyoshoes at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a lot of great things happen this month. I had a great evaluation, so I'll share that one specifically! Would love to win. Looks like a great unit!
    carpentermc@scsk12.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing this month is that I have been able to spend a lot of time with my 1 year old grandson. He is the light of my life. This animal unit looks fabulous. I really hope I win it. Thank you for the opportunity. bozekn@nashua.edu

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best thing this month was having the extraordinary opportunity to go to a training given by Debbie Miller. She talked quite a bit about non-fiction so your product would be a perfect activity. Thanks,
    skrevat@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best thing that has happened to me this month is that I completed, hopefully, my last chemo treatment and will get to go back to work after Christmas! I think this would be a great activitiy for my special ed kiddos!
    cheercoach31@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ! this can be an exquisite and informative web site.It is a awfully helpful for U.S.. So, i prefer it greatly. several several thanks for build this web site. If you wish additional data regarding stock charts to go to stock charts shopping for the suitable Monitor Time frames is a vital half from inexperienced persons stock choices shopping for and merchandising along side location encourage job chart. In accordance with simply however long the positions characteristically stick with it, you may wish to shop for a time schedule that is compatible.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...