Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall, Winner & Flash Sale!

Did you guys know that I love Fall? Probably not.  I mean I only talk about in in every post.  Well, I have proof here for my love of Fall!


Our county is Participating in Rachel's Challenge.  If you don't know, Rachel Scott was one of the students gunned down at Columbine.  Rachel was a very special girl who reached out to all students no matter their differences.  She said, ""I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. People will never know how far a little kindness can go."  So, Rachel's Challenge is about showing kindness and compassion.  You can read more about it here.


Each class at our school created a display using handprints.  I incorporated my love for Fall! The students cut out handprints and wrote ways that they can show compassion and kindness. 





Friday was our Fall Festival and I really wanted to have something else outside of our classroom.  So we had a little art time! We created Funky Mosaic Pumpkins!  We looked at examples of Mosaics online and then we got started. 

It was super easy! No patterns, nothing to copy!  All you need is construction paper, scissors and glue!

The students cut out the shape of a pumpkin on black constructuion paper.  Then they tore yellow and orange constuction paper into small pieces! Glued them on and VOILA!  They turned out super cute too. 


Ok not quite Common Core approved, but we still have to have some fun and celebrate, right? 

One last thing, I have the winners for my Force and Motion Lapbook Giveaway!
Congratulations to Wendy & Hollie! Check your emails ladies! 

If you aren't a winner, no worries! You can grab it for $2.75 until Midnight tonight at my TPT Store!  Be sure to grab it fast!  :)

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love, love that handprint tree

    btw, you've been boo-ed. Come check out my post and participate if you can.
    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our district piloted the elementary program for Rachel's Challenge a few years ago. I love it. Love your lapbook too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pumpkin mosaics! They are adorable!
    Twins, Teaching and Tacos

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just got BOO-ed! Stop over to my blog to link up!
    Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...