Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Favorite Freebie

It has been a crazy two weeks!  Super Crazy.  I said I would be better at taking pictures. That didn't happen.  We have a slam packed full day.  There is just not enough time.  This is the first year where I've implemented reading & writing workshop, plus a shared reading time, plus an interative read-aloud, plus word work, plus a 60 Minute Math Block. (oh and our STEM time hasn't even started yet). It's going really smoothly, but I never have a free minute and I have tons of prep to do.  Hence my nonexistence in blog world.  

Maybe I'll be better at taking pictures this week, and maybe, just maybe I'll have some new freebies. 

But for now, let's visit some of my old freebies! 
I'm linking up with Cynthia at 2nd Grade Pad!

It was hard to choose one, but I did!


It is my favorite because...
It's easy to use! It's a skill that kiddos need to know. Plus I love the dino clipart. 

The story behind it...
Last year, all of my kiddos missed a fact and opinion question on our benchmark. I was like, hellllllo, I thought you guys learned this last year.  I guess I took it for granted.  I couldn't find anything online, so I created this. 

Now to use it...
There is a list of clue words to cut out and place in a bag. 


Create an anchor chart, have students draw out a clue word and glue on the anchor chart. 


There is a foldable for students to create based on the anchor chart. 

As well as a few sheets for students to complete. 

You can download it at my TPT or TN Store!  There are 40 total freebies there! That's more than my products for sell!

Here are just a few of them...











Be sure to go check out the other freebies over at 2nd Grade Pad!

Oh, and if you are going to be in the Columbia, SC area this weekend, be sure to check out the little shindig Hope King is planning! I'll be there and I'm stoked!
SC Meet-Up Poster

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! I love all the freebies!! I can't wait to check out the fact and opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I hadn't found your blog until now but I'm so glad the Linky brought me here! thanks for the fabulous freebie! :)

    Mrs. Kelly's Klass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, and LOVE the fact and opinion freebie! Thanks so much!!

    BTW - I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog...a free, personal laminator! Come check it out if you don't have one already! They are seriously amazing. :)

    Heather
    Sensational Seconds

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you! It was so nice meeting you today. Looking forward to staying in touch with all you Carolina bloggers!

    BTW I just realized I have your first day of Spring pack...and my kiddos loved it! Ha!

    Natalie {curly blonde hair, in case you're wondering "which one was Natalie again?"}
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...