Monday, August 20, 2012

The Last Made-It of Summer

Yep, next Monday is the first day of school!  I have been busy with lots of projects in my room.  I have a few to share for my Monday Made it.

Does anyone else out there start a gazillion things at once? I swear I just cannot focus on getting one thing done.  I think I have Adult ADD. It's a problem.

So anyway, Here are my Made-Its. Be sure to go and link up with fabulous Tara.  There are lots of great Made-Its already posted!


First up, my "Boggle" and "Math It Up" Boards!


I got the headers and the letters and numbers FREE from Teacher on the Loose!  Click here to grab the Math It Up and Boggle boards! They are so cute and even match my classroom.  I laminated several pieces of construction paper together and added some border. Then used Stiki-Clips to hold up the letters and numbers. I figures that the stiki-clips would be so much easier than just taping, which means that I'll be better at switching it out every week. I put the board on the end of my two gi-nourmous cubbies. 

Next up, a Pick a Number Bucket!
I have always used popsicle sticks to call on students. In the past I have just written their names on the sticks, but I thought this was much cuter, plus I could use it if I need to draw a number too! I just printed on cardstock, laminated and hot glued to a popsicle stick! I used packing tap to add the "Pick a Number"  to the $1 Target tin! The numbers are in my Polka-Dot and Chevron Classroom Pack

Next up, Brain Breaks!
I love these Brain Breaks from Stephanie at 3rd Grade Thoughts.  I bought them during the big sale last week.  I really wanted them so I would have a reminder to take a short break from our jam packed day to rest our brains.  It's totally worth buying! I made them the same way as my number sticks. 

Now time for my last Made-It! My Math Word Wall & Pennants!


The fabulous Elizabeth from Fun in Room 4b has these awesome Math Common Core Pennants, one for each domain.  I printed them on cardstock, laminated, and glued to the ribbon.  I laminated 5 pieces of black poster board and then added the pennants.  I'll add the words from my Common Core Math Pack as we cover them throughout the year.   I had some issues stapling it to the wall since I couldn't find a tall enough step stool.  I could have let my 6'5" boyfriend do it, but he just couldn't get it stapled like I envisioned in my mind. 

So those are my Monday Made-Its. 

My classroom is finally done.  Now I have the next three days to plan with my team. Yay! We need it with all these changes for Common Core.  Then Orientation Night is Thursday. I can't wait to meet the kiddos!

Well, I'll leave you with this little gem. 



5 comments:

  1. All of your Made It items look so nice! I found you on the linky!


    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so made the brain breaks this summer too. Cannot wait to try them out! We start school next Monday too! How great is it to go to school for a week, and then get the following Monday off? Great way to ease into the year for sure. Good luck with the year! You're room is looking awesome :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,
    I first am jealous that you haven't started back yet! This is my second full week of school. My kids came back August 8th! All of your creations are super cute! I love the Math It Up board!! I am your newest follower! Come checkout my blog when you get a chance!

    Megan
    http://teachingwithpencilsandpolkadots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks great Amber!

    Enjoy your first day at school!

    Alison
    mathswithmeaning.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...