Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Spotlight Series-Smiles and Sunshine


Hey friends! Aren't you guys getting some great ideas for next year?  Three guest posts in one week, I'm loving it!

Today I have a fun, easy, simple reading craftivity from Kaitlyn at Smiles and Sunshine! If you haven't checked out her blog, make sure you do!




She's super crafty, and of course full of smiles and sunshine!  Make her feel at home! :)





Hi Bloggy Friends!
 
Thanks to Amber for having me visit today! :)

One of my favorite things to teach is Reading. I also love making things with the students, or having them create something to respond to the reading with. I have a fun activity for you today that your students will find pretty cool (it's been kid tested and approved! :) You can use it for summarizing, or critiquing a book (or anything else you can think of!)

First, you need to have a sheet of paper (cardstock, construction or regular). Fold it in half the hamburger way.
Then you need to draw a half circle on the paper (or, as mine turned out, an oval)
Cut it out.
Here comes the fun part! Students are to pick a book (or do this with a book that they have previously read), and they decorate the front of the circle with the title, and maybe some scenes from the book. This is what mine looks like.
On the inside, students can write a summary of the book, or write a critique of the book, what they liked, what they didn't and why.
They can also add another scene from the book on the inside cover, maybe their favorite part. My kids loved doing this year, and they all turned out beautifully. 

I hope your kids love it as much as mine did!
Stop by and visit!




Smiles and Sunshine,
Kaitlyn

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! I am your newest follower.
    I am having a Give Away - Stop by & Enter to Win.

    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...