Thursday, March 29, 2012

Is that a Fact?

Spring Break, where are you?  Still a week away.

In Shared Reading this week, our focus skill has been Fact and Opinion.  Third graders should already know the difference right?  Well, my benchmark scores didn't say so.

So, I typed up different clues that can help us determine the difference in fact and opinion.  Then I put them in a paper bag and my kiddos drew out the different clues.


 We decided as a class if the clue would help us determine if it was a fact or opinion and we added them to our little anchor chart.

The students used this foldable to take notes.  


I bought this cute dinosaur clipart from KPM Doodles and I used it to create some Fact and Opinion Practice


Isn't it so cute?

Oh and guess what?  You can download all of this for free!  


It's at my TPT Store and TN Shop!  Let me know what you think and if you can use it with your kiddos! 

My kiddos definitely understand the difference between fact and opinion now, well at least I hope so!

On another note, I really needed something cute on my walls for Conferences next week.  It needed to have some sort of educational value since we are so close to the test. So we made symmetrical butterflies. 






I love how different they all look! 

Eazy Peazy to make. 

1.  Fold a large piece of white construction paper in half, cut out the outline of the butterfly half. 
2.  We used squeeze bottles to drop paint dots or draw lines on the butterfly half.  
3. Fold it in half to spread the paint. 
4. After it dries add a construction paper body, pipe cleaner antennas and googly eyes.  

I've even shared the sign that I made for the display on Google Docs. Click here to download
The graphics are by Jazzy Designs, font by Kevin and Amanda





9 comments:

  1. Your fact/opinion pack looks great. I taught fourth grade for years and a lot of them didn't know what facts or opinions were either!! Great pack - thanks for sharing :)
    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy that they can't tell~ Sometimes it's weird to teach them stuff that you think they (should) already know....did that make sense?
    Staci

    Going Nutty!

    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterflies look so awesome and creative!! The fact and opinion packet looks great too! I gave you an award on my latest post! Come check it out.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterflies are adorable. There are so many cute ways showcase symmetry.

    We just started spring break yesterday, and I thought ours was late in the year. I don't think we would have lasted another week! ;)

    Christi ツ
    Ms. Fultz’s Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the idea! I am a 4th grade teacher and I believe with the Common Core coming I get to teach symmetry again! This idea will be a great one to use. I am now your newest follower :)
    When you have time, check out my blog: http://mrs-c-classroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fact and opinion fact! It fits right in with our Fossils Unit in May. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fact and opinion freebie! It's perfect for a quick review when I go back to school next week.

    Thanks!

    Abby @ Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I know I'm like a year late, but, thank you sooo much for the freebie!! I'm getting ready to teach fact/opinion this week, and so I was madly searching on Pinterest and found your blog! I love your cute ideas!

    Jessica

    The Learning Metamorphosis

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...