Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Graphing Unit & A Reading Freebie!

I feel like I have been sitting in my recliner all day on my computer. I've gotten a lot done.  I have everything ready for this week.  Thank goodness!  I also finished up a new unit.  I made a Graphing Problem Based Supplemental Unit.  I called it "supplemental" because it doesn't have an assessment or homework each night like the Measurement Unit.


I am pretty proud of it and I can't wait until it's time for me to teach this unit. I have taught similar lessons to this unit in the past, so they do work in a real classroom.  The lessons are problem based, not just "worksheets". 

The File includes
*Set of Vocabulary Cards
*Lesson Instructions and Printables
*Six Problem Based Lessons.
Lesson 1: Free Throw Toss Part 1 (Creating a Table and Pictograph)
Lesson 2: Free Throw Toss Part 2 (Creating a Line Plot)
Lesson 3: A Human Circle Graph
Lesson 4: Allergy Problem Part 1 (Creating a Circle Graph to Solve a Problem)
Lesson 5: Allergy Problem Part 2 (Making a Decision and Writing a Letter)
Lesson 6: Class Comparisons (Creating Bar Graphs to Compare)

It is $6 at my TN Store and my TPT Store.

I will give the unit to two people who are followers of my Brand NEW TN Store. Just leave a comment and let me know that you are now a follower of my TN Store and leave your email of course! I will choose the two people tomorrow night! :)


Here is the Reading Freebie that I promised!  Last week our skill during shared reading time was all about Making Predictions.  We made this Pinterest inspired anchor chart (what would I do without Pinterest!)

It's a little blurry. Whoops. 


Then we made this foldable.  

For the fiction & nonfiction predictions,  I used the guided reading books from our old reading series.  I let the students choose what book they wanted to read, then they grouped up and made predictions. 

Here is the link to the foldable on Google Docs if you are interested!

Well, enjoy your last moments of freedom. Back to school tomorrow.  I will not be watching the Oscars. I have seen like three of the movies nominated. The Walking Dead is much more appealing to me tonight!








12 comments:

  1. And..I forgot to say I do follow your TN store.
    I'm just wrapping up my graphing unit right now so would be perfect.

    taskcard123@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you on TN now...might as well, since I seem to repin most of your pins on pinterest as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops... dahlkes@hotmail.com :)

      Delete
  3. Looks really great!! I follow your TN store now!!

    Thanks for the freebie too!

    Ali
    alischepis(at)gmail(dot)com
    An Education Lasts a Lifetime

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok where do you get your cute graphics/borders/fonts from? They are adorable as is very thing you make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The just bought those letters! Aren't they adorable?? I got them from KPM Doodles. I also really like Ginger Snaps & Digital Bake Shop. Graphics from the Pond has the most ADORABLE Freebies.

      Delete
  5. Hello! I am now following your TN store now and am so glad that you are sharing all of this fun information and ideas! I am currently going through school to be a teacher and love having those ideas to help me out for my first few years!
    shay-shay624@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey - wait! I already followed your TN store! lol..not fair :P lol

    ♥ Jen
    The Teacher's Cauldron
    jenross1018@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I have been totally in love with your tpt store. I am absolutely excited to say I now follow your TN store!

    Courtney
    3rd Grade Sprinkles
    courtneyice1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. FOllowing your TN store. You have the greatest ideas!

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...