Sunday, February 12, 2012

A LOVELY Linky Party

So I had planned on going to bed after watching "The Walking Dead" tonight, but I'm just not tired.

So I decided to post again.

I wanted to link up with Chrissy at Buzzing with Ms. B.  Check out her blog if you haven't. She's a fabulous third grade teacher!

I thought this was such a cute idea!  I love talking about me.  Just kidding. Not really. 

How did I meet my hunny?  Well he's not my husband type of hunny, but he's the next best thing :)
Here is the story of how Mark got lucky enough to be with me....

We met when we were in the eighth grade at church camp. He is from GA and I am from NC and the stars aligned in AL for us to meet. (dramatic, much?)

Yep, Middle School = Incredibly Awkward Amber. He likes to remind me about my Jesus sandals and orange toe nails.  He is nice enough not to mention the glasses and the braces.

Well, it wasn't love at first sight or anything.  I mean I was only 13 and I thought that I was destined to be with a Backstreet Boy or JTT or something. Ya'll rememeber JTT right?

Well we talked occasionally on AIM (oh life pre-Facebook) throughout high school, but we lost touch by the time we graduated high school. 

Fast forward to the summer after I graduated college.  I had just gotten out of a very serious relationship, and we somehow found each other on Facebook.  One thing led to another and we ended up deciding to meet up with each other.  Well, that was over three years ago and here we are.  

Sadly, he still lives in GA and I still live in NC.  We still have some figuring out to do, but maybe one day you guys will get to hear some happy news. :)  

Here are some fabulous pictures of us!


This is one of our first pictures together. We look so young!
At World of Coke!


After hiking


At a GT Game

Snow Day!

I am so much more photogenic when I am "happy" :)
 


Well, that's our story. Go and link up with Chrissy.  Even if you don't have a hunny, make up a story. :)  I thought about doing that, but I stuck with real life.  





9 comments:

  1. This is a GREAT story! I'm so glad you shared it! I hope the stars realign in one place for the two of you, because it sounds like you make each other happy :)

    Thanks for linking up!!
    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post for the following reasons...
    1. JTT
    2. AIM!
    3. World of Coke!!! I went once on a family vacation when I was like 7 and I am dying to go back! I'm trying to get my boyfriend to want to go, but for some reason he doesn't see the value in driving for 633 miles to get there.......

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um I met JTT and got his picture and autograph!

    And I went to a BSB concert and still have all their cds lol :)


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story! Hooray for NC girls meeting GA boys! :)

    Abby @ Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures. Your guy looks like a real cutie pie!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute story! Praying for the happy ending to be posted soon.

    Misty @
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this story!! I hope you get to live in the same state together very soon!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you all work out a way to be in the same state soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww super cute! My boyfriend and I have been friends since we were in middle school (we were even Mary and Joseph in a Christmas play at church) but didn't start dating until we were out of college!

    ☼Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...